Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation - At A Glance
The Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited i.e. HPSIDC, (formerly known as HPMIDC), incorporated in 1966, is a wholly-owned undertaking of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It is a major agency in the State to promote the setting up of small, medium, and large-scale industrial units. The Corporation also acts as a State-level financial institution. The Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited (HPSIDC) is the major agency for the promotion and establishment of industrial units is Himachal Pradesh. Registered under the Companies Act 1956 HPSIDC is fully owned by the Government of Himachal Pradesh. HPSIDC is also the major State-level Financial Institution and provides long-term loans for industrial projects. The important activities of the Corporation are:
- Stimulate industrialization throughout HP.
- Promotion, Development & Financing of Industries
- Development of Industrial Infrastructure
- Facilitator – providing guidance & assistance to entrepreneurs
- Marketing of Steel & Bitumen as dealer of Central PSUs like SAIL/RINL & IOCL.
- Development of industrial areas/ estates.
HPSIDC at a Glance
HPSIDC is the Principal State Agency to ensure accelerated growth and provide impetus to the process of industrial development in the State. The main objective is to attract entrepreneurs from various parts of the country by creating State of Art facilities for sustain Industrial Development by adding new innovation in industrial growth. Despite locational and geographical disadvantages, the climatic conditions and healthy transport network, and uninterrupted power supply, strengthen the sustainability, viability as well as feasibility of new industrial projects. HPSIDC is dedicated to bringing in the industrial, social, and economic growth of the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh. The prominent aims and objectives of the Corporation are:
- Accelerate industrialization.
- Creation of Industrial Infrastructure.
- Promotion, Development, and Financing of Industries.
- Marketing of Steel and Bitumen (Cold Mix Technology) as a dealer of Central PSUs like SAIL/RINL & IOC.
- Facilitator – providing guidance and assistance to entrepreneurs.
We primarily focus on the promotion and development of the industrial sector, HPSIDC is playing a leading role to accelerate industrial growth in the State of Himachal Pradesh.